Green break glass units are necessary as a safety device to mechanically break a circuit in the event of an emergency. When magnetic locks are used to secure an exit or entry door, these units must be installed to allow safe exit from the building. Common installations for break glass units include public buildings (e.g. schools, medical ceters, hospitals etc.) and should only be used with fail safe locks (including mag locks).
Available as a standard green surface unit or a green surface resettable unit that includes a reset key, saving the need to replace the glass fascia once activated.
A combined break glass and push to exit button is also available within the same green plastic surface housing.
- Break glass unit for emergency exit
- Green impact resistant ABS housing
- Resettable key switch option available
- Units incorporate normally open and normally closed circuit contacts
- Surface mount
- Combined break glass and push to exit also available